Tuesday, November 23, 2010


Finally, time has come to really think about what I would like to do in my whole life.. the things that interest me.. the people whom I like to meet.. the places I would like to travel.. the food that I would like to eat.. the experiences I would l like to have.. things that I would like to share.. etc.. etc.. etc.. Saw the bucket list movie and it also made an impact and gave a jolt to start this as early as possible :-)

Life in a way is bit too short when I think about it now.. I had no money to spend when I was young, but full of dreams... After I started working, I had good amount of money.. but no time to spend chasing the dreams..

Now.. almost at the edge of turning 40, I am beginning to realize that I have the time, some money and still the interest to do whatever I would like to do.. I give myself another 20 years of full health to achieve some of my dreams (things to do - henceforth will be referred as TTD)..

It is not that I have to start now for my 1000.. many of the things are already done/experienced/accomplished/enjoyed/lived and I would have to now bring it back to memory and scriblle it down here..

The question is - why am I writing it? The reason is that I would like to sit at the age of 60 and have an anchor to mull over the good times had in this life and purely for personal satisfaction.. For my children to get a perspective of what I loved and did.. For my friends to know that there was a crazy person who went after his 1000 things and share my experiences.. and most importantly - some of you who read this may help me achieve some of my dreams!! 

I would like to get photos/videos of the places as much as possible to give the real treat and would want to share what comes to my mind.. Disclaimer - All the views expressed here are my own views and not meant to hurt anyone in person or not.

Life is a open book.. My pages are being inked now !

1 comment:

  1. awesome post! Just felt like the reflections of my thoughts and I am sure many of us have this feeling. But kudos to you for kick starting it and keep going. Good Luck.
    BTW I am Sathya's schoolmate/long time family friend from Sathyamangalam living in NJ.. I don't know if u remember, U had been to my home when you came to pick Karthika for a house hunting.

    ReplyDelete